Thursday, April 4, 2013

Patches from the Past

Each week I'll post a tiny swatch of a past Patch article that still makes me smile ...


From The Dinner Things in Life: (2011)

I guess the biggest hurdle I face is that my children want dinner EVERY night. And they usually anticipate a meal in the morning and afternoon as well. Seriously. I’m not making this up. I could break my back making Rare Roast Beast for dinner with homemade who-pudding and an exceptionally satisfying who-hash, and still, the very next morning, my children would emerge from their little who-beds expecting MORE FOOD.

From Law Abiding Citizens: (2011)

My 11-year-old sons are two things above all else.
  • Thing one: They are die-hard, obsessed, over-the-top-committed, wake-up-in-the-morning-singing-Sweet-Caroline-oh-oh-oh, Red Sox fanaticals. (Thank you, Dad.)
  • Thing two: They are hungry. All the time, every time, five minutes after dinnertime, they are hungry.
I’m convinced no matter how much money we pump into their overpriced educations they will ultimately emerge as food vendors at Fenway Park.

Hmmmm, seeing a trend here ...